Pokemon soft toys

Last year I had a huge run of requests for hats based on pokemon and you can see most of them in the adult gallery This year I have been challenged to make quite a few pokemon soft toys on a large scale.
There are some patterns out there for pokemon but as there are so many different ones and most of the patterns are for tiny toys I had fun trying to make them.
This baby Charmander was made with this free pattern and is one of my favourites, of course I added my own twist with a cute dummy.
Jigglypuff (above left) and Wigglytuff (above right) did not use patterns and trust me learning to crochet a perfect sphere is not easy especially when you are making toys as the stitches do need to be tight so the stuffing does not show through. I actually tried quite a few patterns but since I was looking for a very large ball none of them worked until I finally found this guide and it worked perfectly now every toy I make will be based on this pattern.
Lickitongue (left)was the hardest of all as I had no guide whatsoever and that tail took me 5 attempts to get what I needed and for it to support as it should; plus the open mouth, its probably the one I am least happy with but the lady who ordered it was happy.
Snorlax (right) was an easier prospect I found several patterns all of which were either too big or too small but I used this pattern increasing the stitch size to HDC and the row count also. It called for quite a few adjustments to make it bigger but it came out really well.
I really do love a challenge and people are now seeing this and setting me some interesting ones but I really must learn to write some of this patterns and adjustments down so that I can share them as most of these I could not repeat exactly.





Comments