Pink owl baby set

This set came out so pretty.
I ran a contest on my facebook page with the winner getting a custom gift.
This is the result. I used the "Call the midwife" inspired pattern but only using the motif in every other section, I used fondant pink with sherbet for the edging. I added a little owl applique design, you can find the pattern here
There is no pattern for the hat, the mary janes are a combination of other patterns I have made many times.
These are made for a 9 month old and the blanket is perfect for a buggy as its light and snuggly.

I used felt for the eyes on the slippers as safer for a little one, at 9 months babies love to grab their shoes.
I also only ever add very short braids to hats made for little ones so there is no danger of these getting wrapped around. I see some patterns out there intended for babies and they really scare me knowing how much babies move around.

Comments